Black Box Luxury Home
After three years of weathering, this show-stopping home is a magnificent showcase of Abodo’s Vulcan VG Cladding in Ebony finish
These images were taken three years since installation - and the timber cladding in Ebony finish has performed exceptionally well, with no recoat.
The appearance of the timber exterior still looks fantastic and the homeowners are very happy with the product.
Vulcan VG Cladding in Ebony finish (WB10S profile) was chosen for this project for two reasons:
- To achieve the design appearance the homeowner was looking for, in this case dark black/ebony
- The stability and longevity of the timber
The colour has performed exceptionally well given its exposure to all the elements – located in harsh climate of Western Australia where conditions can be incredibly dry and hot.
The cladding had one factory coat of Ebony finish, and then two more after installation.
Vulcan VG Cladding was also very simple to install - and being lightweight was easy to move around on site. Some early planning on the set-out and flashing details will bring huge benefits to the end results.
Valento Homes consistently receive positive feedback on this project, which has been a huge focal point on their website – especially given the dramatic effect of the design and dark timber cladding.
It’s been so successful for Valento Homes that they’re now using Vulcan VG Cladding on several client projects.
Vulcan has become a go-to timber for future projects for these reasons:
- It gives Valento Homes the flexibility to use it for internal and external applications
- Vulcan is available in a range of finishes and colours
- The timber is lightweight and easy to work with
- Vulcan is incredibly stable, so Valento Homes haven’t had to deal with maintenance issues. This is also a huge plus for their clients and the style of homes they construct
- They get great back up support from the team at Austim, the Australian distributor for this product